DPRG: July 1997 DPRG Newsletter 3 of 3

Subject: DPRG: July 1997 DPRG Newsletter 3 of 3
From: David Beckham dbeckham at bectec.com
Date: Fri Jul 11 23:27:23 CDT 1997

Eric Yundt wrote:

> In our mostly regular room (the computer generated room graphic on the
> DPRG webpage,) the courses would be laid out like this:
>
>                      WWWWWWWW                       WWWWWWWW
>                      b      W                       b      W
>                      b      W                       b      W
>                      b......W                       b......W
>                      b      W                       b      W
>             bbbbbbbbbb      W                       b      W
>             b    :          W                       b      W
>             b    :          W                       b      W
>             b    :          W                       b      W
>             bbbbbbbbbb      W                       b      W
>                      b      W                       b      W
>                      b......W                       b......W
>                      b      W                       b      W
>                      b      W                       b      W
>                      bbbbbbbW                       bbbbbbbW
>
>          b       - posterboard wall
>          W       - room wall
>          . or :  - 1" tape on floor
>

> > Western Regional . . .
> >
> >       David Beckham in Chatsworth
> >       http://www.BecTec.com
> >       Home of ARBE-ONE the "Model T" of Mobile Bases.
> >

> I was checking out your ARBE-ONE stuff on the web last night, it like
> a pretty nice Robo-kit/base.  Are you going to try sending one down
> for the competition?
>
> --
> Eric
>                                                           .__
> Eric Yundt <eric at ytech.com>                       __ ---   ; \_      //    F
>                                                   --- -   ("" a\,   // L  I
> "HA!" YaTu laughs as he spits into the wind,       -- -    {\_""   // I  N
> tryin' t'catch a fox makes da cow's head spin!    --  ooo__{ _}   // N  I
>                                                       (O)---(O)  // E  S
> YaTu at YTech.COM  --  http://www.dprg.org/yatu (N/A)              //    H

Hi Eric,
	Thanks for clearing up my confusion (and losing sleep to entertain us
"'botties").  Yes, I have a couple of the ARBE-ONE kits that I've put
together for myself ("Research" ya know!).  I have been using a
Counterfeit Stamp (Scott Edwards BS1) and I just got a "genuine
Parallax" BS1.  I've got a proto-type motor control board to act as the
"Model T's" "planetary transmission" but so far no sensors.  (I did
order a Polaroid Sonar Module from Wirz just last night.)  I'm also
going to be selling Ray Butts's TCOMP boards, and I got some of them in
today (it uses a 68HC11E1, which I haven't a clue about programming yet)
and I'll be putting one of them on ARBE-ONE also.  I'm hoping to have
one of these units ready to send to Dallas for the August RoboRama - Jim
said he would be kind enough to act as proxy "Starter" for me (or
delegate the job to another willing member).  Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks again,
	David (WRR-DPRG) Beckham in Chatsworth