DPRG: Getting started

Subject: DPRG: Getting started
From: David Beckham dbeckham at bectec.com
Date: Mon Jul 14 12:43:15 CDT 1997

Eric Yundt wrote:

> Kipton Moravec wrote:
> >
> > Let me add to Erick's excellent response:
> >
> > Based on your questions, let me give you a little background information
> > that may help you understand a little bit more what is going on.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Both of these (Erick's and Kip's) messages should be preserved or
> incorporated into our FAQ.  Lots of good, well written stuff!
>
> Heck with a little (a lot!) of time and some expansion, this could
> be turned into a nice primer on PICs/Microcontrollers perhaps a
> fancy set of HTML pages that gently lead the reader down the proper
> path to enlightment.  ;-)
>
> Thanks for all the good info,
>
> --
> Eric
>                                                           .__
> Eric Yundt <eric at ytech.com>                       __ ---   ; \_      //    F
>                                                   --- -   ("" a\,   // L  I
> "HA!" YaTu laughs as he spits into the wind,       -- -    {\_""   // I  N
> tryin' t'catch a fox makes da cow's head spin!    --  ooo__{ _}   // N  I
>                                                       (O)---(O)  // E  S
> YaTu at YTech.COM  --  http://www.dprg.org/yatu (N/A)              //    H

Great idea, (wish such a thing had been easy to find years ago when I
first got interested in robotics), and don't forget to include the Saga
of Little YaTu to convey something of the "Art of Amateur Robotics"
development (shopping in Thrift Stores, Serendipitous Inspirations from
"found objects," late-night communing with the Hardware and Software
gods, etc. :-)  Really there is a tremendous resource in the DPRG
archives that could clearly accomplish some of the "Public Service"
mission of the club.

- --
	David Beckham (Western Regional Rep-at-Large of DPRG)
	http://www.BecTec.com
	Home of ARBE-ONE the "Model T" of Mobile Bases.
	Now offering TCOMP tiny computers by Ray Butts,
	(ARBE-ONE's inventor).