DPRG: Sojourner's brain...

Subject: DPRG: Sojourner's brain...
From: Roger Arrick rarrick at ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu Jul 17 17:33:42 CDT 1997

You wrote:

>I was just reading an article in the July 3 issue of EDN about
>Sojourner.  It's main CPU is an Intel 80C85 running a commercial
>real-time OS called VxWorks.  The Pathfinder has got a more
>powerful IBM RAD-6000 SBC based on the PowerPC chip.  It's all
>off-the-shelf stuff.

As far as I know, radiation hardened is not off-the-shelf.  That's the
reason the 8085 was choosen.

Roger.

- --
    /       Roger Arrick       /     Arrick Robotics       /
   /    roger at robotics.com    /       P.O. Box 1574       /
  /     Ph: (817) 571-4528   /   Hurst, Texas 76053 USA  /
 /     fax: (817) 571-2317  /   http://www.robotics.com /

"Talk" is inversely proportional to "do"