DPRG: vacation pictures

Subject: DPRG: vacation pictures
From: Kipton Moravec kmoravec at airmail.net
Date: Tue Jul 22 19:01:22 CDT 1997

Eric Yundt wrote:

> Jim Brown wrote:
> >
> > > Jim you are running different signatures.  The later messages say the
> > > next meeting is July 12. :)  But If I am not mistaken, the next meeting
> > > is August 9, NOT August 16 for the robotics competition.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Kip
> >

> [ ... ]
>

> > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > !!!                                           !!!
> > !!!  Next meeting is August 9th (hopefully).  !!!
> > !!!                                           !!!
> > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >

> YIKES!  I was planning on using that vaporized week for
> an MBU (Major Bot Upgrade!)
>
> Foul Ball!  Boo!  Hisssss....  hissss....
>
> [ Anyone for a September contest? ]
>
> ;-)

Well, I was debating about mentioning it to anyone until August sixth.
It may be the only chance I have of winning anything! :)

Today I am figuring out the unidentified wires on my stepper motor.  I
got it at Tanners, with no documentation, and it has 5 wires.

So far it appears that there are four windings and a common ground for
all of them.  (They were only $2.95 ea so I did not have much to lose.)

They appear to move the wheel in a circle in a 1,3,2,4 pattern with the
wires.  Next step is to see if it works better with the standard 4 phase
phasing sequence.  Unfortunately, I will have to automate it because I
can't disconnect both wires at the same time, and so the wheel moves...

It seems to work fine with my 5V power supply (thanks to the BG Micro's
Sidewalk Sale) So I do not know if I will use 6 or 12 V for the robot
motors yet.

There are good things about steppers and there are bad things about
steppers.

The bad things are They are noisy and slow.
The good thing is that it is easy to count how far you have gone.

Regards,
Kip