DPRG: Anyone Ready?

Subject: DPRG: Anyone Ready?
From: Eric Yundt eric at sssi.com
Date: Wed Jul 23 14:29:36 CDT 1997

Jim,

Jim Brown wrote:

> Who's all ready for the upcoming contest?
>
> It seems that I've gotten a few people saying they need some
> extra time to complete their robo creations.  Do we want to
> give it a month or two???  Say... push it back to October?
>
> For my robots, I haven't gotten around to modifying them yet,
> either, so I know I could use some more time.

Sounds like a great idea to me!

That would give us a meeting between now and then that we
could do some trial runs, bounce around some can detection
and collection techniques -- and perhaps actually have
someone ready to start picking up trash... err, soda cans.

I think by the next meeting (August) I could have a fast YaTu
ready for getting speedy navigation, plus can detection, but
not with a working can collector.

I'm up for either a September or an October contest.

- --
Eric

   \  ._____(    FacetCorp       Eric Yundt               eric at facetcorp.com
    | |     `                    Technical Support     support at facetcorp.com
 _--~~~---.    "Putting the      FacetTerm/Win Evals       www.facetcorp.com
( ,----._./     Power of UNIX
 `-_| |_,       behind Win95's    FacetCorp - Makers of FacetTerm & FacetWin
    | |         Pretty Face!"     4031 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX   75093   USA
   /___\                          Phone: 972-985-9901      Fax: 972-612-2035