DPRG: Pizza Bash

Subject: DPRG: Pizza Bash
From: Jim Brown jbrown at why.net
Date: Sun Jul 27 08:47:02 CDT 1997

At 10:53 AM 7/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>I "liberated" some chips from some boards in "salvage" (Translation: I
>scrounged and used a hot-air gun to pull them off boards which were
>Should I drag them along to the Pizza Bash?  (WHEN did you say it was?)

Sure, but you might want to put them on a table and quickly get outta
the way or you'll draw back a nub.  ;) That'd be great stuff to bring.

July 28th:  RBNO at Irving Mall Food Court
August 9th:  DPRG Meeting at the Infomart
August 25th:  DPRG Pizza Party bash at James Vroman's house

>I have some a few Atmel 28c16plcc chips and some 27c265 dip eproms.
>Would anyone have an interest in them.  I have some meg-sized DRAMS
>if anyone is interested, but I aint letting the 512Kx8-20 SRAMS go.
>8-)

bound to be some that will be!

>One of the techs here gave me 2 each 2114 and 4116 with metal covers for
>use as "robot vision" once I pry off the cover an put a microscope
>slide cover on top.  Do you know of anyone in the group experienced with
>robotic vision using such antics?  Do you know of anyone who knows how to
>program GAL22V10 chips?  I understand they are REprogramable.
>
>wade

Interesting.  I heard that if humidity gets inside it kills them.
It sure would be a nice inexpensive way to robotic vision if it
works!!!

DPRG bought a CPLD software tool and a guy in the group donated his
device programmer that can program gals.  I don't know much about it,
but he could probably help you.  His name is Kevin Carter, and you
can find his email address on the members list web page.
Jim Brown       jim_brown at bigfoot.com or
                jbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com or jbrown at dprg.org
                http://users.why.net/jbrown
Rom 3:23,24     http://www.dprg.org (next meeting is Aug 9th) Bring robots!
		Robotics Contest at the Aug 9th meeting!