DPRG: Re: HERO1

Subject: DPRG: Re: HERO1
From: Eric Yundt eric at sssi.com
Date: Sun Jul 27 17:56:56 CDT 1997

Mike,

Jim Brown wrote:

> At 03:45 PM 7/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >Dear Sir,
> >
> >     My name is Mike and have always wanted a HERO1 robot!
> >Are they still availbe? How can I get one now? Is HeathKit still
> >in buisness>
> >Thanks-
> >Mike
> >
> >TEEMe0711 at AOL.com
>
> Sometimes you can ask around on the comp.robotics.misc newsgroup
> and there's sometimes someone who will have one for sale.
> They're sort of pricey, so don't fall over if they say $1000 or more.

Also, I've got links to several Hero web sources from:

	http://www.doorbell.com/yatu/heros.html

Including to the Hero Swapshop, FAQ and Heathkit themselves.  Although
don't expect to find much if anything about Hero Robots on Heathkit's
webpage -- kind of disappointing...  Most of the ads at the Swapshop have
the sellers looking for "best offer" and buyers offering from several
hundred up to $2K.

You can buy a lot of Robot for $2K if you swing by your local library,
hardware store, and electronic shop -- even more if you go mail-order.

Happy scrounging!

- --
Eric
                                                          .__
Eric Yundt <eric at ytech.com>                       __ ---   ; \_      //    F
"HA!" YaTu laughs as he spits into the wind,       -- -    {\_""   // I  N
tryin' t'catch a fox makes da cow's head spin!    --  ooo__{ _}   // N  I
YaTu at YTech.COM  --  http://www.doorbell.com/yatu                //    H