DPRG: Goldmine

Subject: DPRG: Goldmine
From: David Beckham dbeckham at bectec.com
Date: Tue Jul 29 01:42:41 CDT 1997

Hi All,

I just got some great gearmotors from Electronic Goldmine's web site -
http://www.goldmine-elec.com - in the "What's Hot" section.  They're not
really "cheap" @ $10 each but they're very pretty little things, and
quiet.  Made by Hansen Corp.  I liked the first two so well I called
right away and ordered four more.  Casual tests with my Radio Shack DMM
shows .950A @ 6V with no load, about 1.1A with as much "finger drag" as
I could muster.  These should make a nice "Hero 1" sized base move
around pretty smartly depending on wheel size.  EG's service has been
quite good, too, the several times I've ordered things from them, and
they have a Weekly Web Special for us Internet Junkies :-)

- --
	David Beckham
	http://www.BecTec.com
	Home of ARBE-ONE the "Model T" of Mobile Bases.
	Now offering TCOMP tiny computers by Ray Butts,
	(ARBE-ONE's inventor).