DPRG: Re: Clubs in the Houston area???

Subject: DPRG: Re: Clubs in the Houston area???
From: Eric Yundt eric at sssi.com
Date: Wed Jul 30 08:56:39 CDT 1997

Stephen,

Jim Brown wrote:

> At 09:43 PM 7/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >	I am just getting into robotics and was wondering if there were any
> >organizations or clubs in the Houston area that you knew about. I would
> >really enjoy getting involved with one, but Dallas is just a LITTLE too far
> >for regular meetings.

[ ... ]

> I think the Austin Robotics group is the closest to Houston that I
> know of.  :-(

Jim is obviously in a subconscious state of denial, part of a flimsy
effort to bolster the DPRG membership!  ;-)

Check out, C.R.A.S.H:

                            C. R. A. S. H.
                 The Computers, Robotics, and Artists
                          Society of Houston

                        invites you to our next

              R o b o t   H a c k i n g   M e e t i n g

Event Hotline: 713-942-7937
Contact: Jason Asbahr, jason at crash.org  (email for directions)

Join us at this meeting to explore hardware robots, software agents,
artificial life, and other related technologies.  This informal gathering
is an opportunity to meet with others in the area to exchange ideas,
information, resources, and technical expertise.

About C.R.A.S.H...

         C.R.A.S.H. is a non-profit organization.  We bring together
         people with technical, educational, and artistic backgrounds
         to develop and distribute software, media, and learning
         environments.  We organize hands-on events where children and
         adults construct and interact with friendly robots, virtual
         worlds, digital fairy tales, and multimedia art projects.

For more information, email our infobot at info at crash.org, or check
the CRASH web pages at http://www.crash.org.

Although they are rumored to be into "digital fairy tales"...

- --
Eric
                                                          .__
Eric Yundt <eric at ytech.com>                       __ ---   ; \_      //    F
"HA!" YaTu laughs as he spits into the wind,       -- -    {\_""   // I  N
tryin' t'catch a fox makes da cow's head spin!    --  ooo__{ _}   // N  I
YaTu at YTech.COM  --  http://www.dprg.org/yatu                    //    H