DPRG: speech recognition

Subject: DPRG: speech recognition
From: Jim Brown jbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
Date: Mon Jun 2 15:20:32 CDT 1997

I got this off of the comp.robotics.misc, I thought yall might
like it:

- ----------------------- Begin Included Message ----------------------------------

Have you ever wanted to make your applications speak or listen? If so,
check out Microsoft Researchs speech web-site:

        http://www.research.microsoft.com/research/srg/install.htm

You can download the BETA of the Microsoft Speech SDK 3.0. This includes:
- - APIs, documentation, and sample code for:
        - Command & Control speech recognition
        - Dictation
        - Text-to-speech
- - Microsofts engines for:
        - Command & Control speech recognition
        - Text-to-speech
        - (Discrete Dictation is available from the
                "Microsoft Dictation" research technology
                demonstration on the same page.)
- - Microsoft Voice application

Jim Brown                jbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com or jbrown at why.net
                         http://users.why.net/jbrown
                         http://www.dprg.org (Next meeting June 14th)

Work:  972-519-2868      My employer won't claim these opinions.
Home:  972-495-3821      So I'm giving them away for free.