DPRG: GARP

Subject: DPRG: GARP
From: Jerry Bradshaw trekker at airmail.net
Date: Tue Jun 10 08:00:58 CDT 1997

At 06:52 AM 6/9/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>If there is still a need for a monitor for GARP, I have a 14" NEC VGA
>>that I will donate to the cause.  It is in good condition and worked
>>fine the last time I used it.  VGA does use a 9 pin D type connector
>>doesn't it?  Its been a while since I used the thing and I can't quite
>>remember.
>>
>>Brian
>
>Cool.
>
>By The Way, VGA uses a 15 pin D type connector!

Hi,
  Well, don't ask me why but some of the early VGA monitors only have
 a DB9 connector on the back.  We have quite a few of these VGA monitors
 at work here and there.  Most of these monitors are 14/15 inch NEC.  Just
 the other day I used one of these monitors and had to find a DB9 to
 your usual DB15 high density cable.  I hooked it up to a VGA card in a
 486 with Win95 installed (to use as a dumb terminal).  Win95 came up in
 16 glorious colors at a mind ripping res of 640x480 (It also showed that
 intro screen with the animated cylon bar at the bottom at 320x200 by 256c).
    For the GARP project if you need one of these cables then send $19.95 to
 the address below...... no really, I'll bring a cable this Sat to the
 meeting if its needed.

                                              Later,
                                               - Jerry B.-