DPRG: OS debate

Subject: DPRG: OS debate
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Thu Jun 19 09:04:35 CDT 1997

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:34:14 -0500 you wrote:

>I was wondering what's wrong with using DOS.  I don't see a problem with
>it. I'm thinking that the OS will just be there to run the brain functions.
>They should run fine under DOS or win3.1.  I'm not seeing any great
>advantage to using LINUX or win95.

Good point, Win95 is just DOS with a pretty shell riding on top of it.
We can get the same multi-tasking capabilities from either.  I believe
there are DOS add-ons that support crude multi-tasking setups and I
have some C source around here somewhere that implements a supposed
real-time multi-tasking kernel that runs on top of DOS.  Interesting
idea...

- -Steve