DPRG: BG Micro's Sidewalk Sale

Subject: DPRG: BG Micro's Sidewalk Sale
From: Eric Yundt eric at sssi.com
Date: Sun Jun 22 22:04:43 CDT 1997

Kipton Moravec wrote:

>   I made out like a bandit also.  In the chips market I decided to try
> to get as many different 74xx, 74SXX, 74LSXX  TTL chips as I could.
> Since I was going to get into more breadboarding I figured they would
> come in handy. Unfortunately I did not bring a TTL Data Book (I will
> bring one next year,  along with a Newark Catalog, so I know what the
> numbers mean).  They had a cardboard box that was about 4' x 4' and 3'
> deep.  I spent about 2 hours going through that box.  I managed to get
> 36 identified, and 7 so far unidentified, TTL logic types.  I can not
> find my TTL Data Book.

That's what I've been trying to do also!  I found a pretty
good Chip resource on the Web that has helped me identify
quite a few (still working on it) and many times it had links
to the manufacturers:

	http://www.twinight.org/chipdir/chipdir.htm

> I also stopped at Tanners Saturday and picked up two $1.95 stepper
> motors and some IR sensors to play around with.

A few Stepper Motor URLs I found the other night:

	http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/step
	http://www.eio.com/stepindx.htm
	http://motioncontrol.com
	http://www.wmich.edu/engineer/AIME
	http://www.motionmagazine.com
	http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yes/smma-mc.htm

- --
Eric

   \  ._____(    FacetCorp       Eric Yundt               eric at facetcorp.com
    | |     `                    Technical Support     support at facetcorp.com
 _--~~~---.    "Putting the      FacetTerm/Win Evals       www.facetcorp.com
( ,----._./     Power of UNIX
 `-_| |_,       behind Win95's    FacetCorp - Makers of FacetTerm & FacetWin
    | |         Pretty Face!"     4031 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX   75093   USA
   /___\                          Phone: 972-985-9901      Fax: 972-612-2035