DPRG: Re: inquiring

Subject: DPRG: Re: inquiring
From: Jim Brown jbrown at cyberramp.net
Date: Sat Feb 7 08:38:18 CST 1998

At 09:11 PM 2/6/98 PST, you wrote:
>   dear mr,Brown
>am a student of mechanical engineering in cairo university(half egyptian
>half japanese)i still have 2 years to go,i am very interested in robots
>and robotics stuff,but i dont know the way to improve my knowledge about
>it,i know just simple stuff about robots,so what can i do to be involved
>in this feild,am into it really.
>p.s(do u know any websites for beginners)
>                         sincerely yours,Ahmed Nishitoba
"ahmed sabet" <nishitoba at hotmail.com>

One of our members suggested that people should look at:
	http://www.thomas-kay.demon.co.uk/Tutorials.html

Also, you should check out some of the links on our web page at:
	http://www.dprg.org

There's probably a few good robotic books to look at, but I think
the best way is to just get started and build one for yourself.
Personal experience in my humble opinion is the best way to learn
robotics.  Lynxmotion has some good kits ( http://www.lynxmotion.com )
or if you're a beginner try some of the owi kits from
http://www.robotstore.com

Once you get into it, try to find someone holding a robotics contest
and make a goal of having a robot for the contest.

    \/\_\@  ____    /  /\ __  ___          ___    http://www.dprg.org 2-21
    / / /\ / / /\  /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\  jbrown at cyberramp.net
\__\/  \/ \/\/\/  \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/ jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
http://www.cyberramp.net/~jbrown www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/6818