DPRG: L293D v.s. the L293DNE?

Subject: DPRG: L293D v.s. the L293DNE?
From: Kipton Moravec kmoravec at airmail.net
Date: Sun Feb 8 09:31:45 CST 1998

TimMicDet at aol.com wrote:

> Hi,
>       What is the difference, if any, between the L293D and the L293DNE?  The
> L293DNE is the one that Newark sells and it is made by Texas Interments, the
> common L293D is made by SGS, which I can not find anywhere.  Does anyone know
> of a seller of the L293D, that sells it in small quantities, besides the guy
> with the AOL web page?  I can't send a check to some one I don't know (Sorry
> AOL guy).  So does anyone know if the L293D is basically the same thing as the
> L293D?
> Thanks a lot,
> Timothy Deterly
> TimMicDet at aol.com

I do not have the TI book for the L293DNE, but I would guess that the
additional NE had to do with temperature and package type.

Nu Horizons in Dallas is the local SGS distributer.  They sell any
quantity.  You can check the national web sight
http://www.nuhorizons.com for price estimates. Call 972-488-2255 and ask
for Geanie to get a price quote and delivery est.