DPRG: L293D v.s. the L293DNE?

Subject: DPRG: L293D v.s. the L293DNE?
From: Kevin Ross kevinro at nwlink.com
Date: Sun Feb 8 10:50:47 CST 1998

- -----Original Message-----
To: dprglist at dprg.org <dprglist at dprg.org>
Date: Saturday, February 07, 1998 9:30 PM

>Hi,
>      What is the difference, if any, between the L293D and the L293DNE?
The
>L293DNE is the one that Newark sells and it is made by Texas Interments,
the
>common L293D is made by SGS, which I can not find anywhere.  Does anyone
know
>of a seller of the L293D, that sells it in small quantities, besides the
guy
>with the AOL web page?  I can't send a check to some one I don't know
(Sorry
>AOL guy).  So does anyone know if the L293D is basically the same thing as
the
>L293D?

Rich has developed a good reputation in his selling of chips and other hard
to find items. Unless you are willing to buy a full tube of L293D's, Rich is
about the only reliable source for them. His pricing is also extremely good
for small quanities.

He has been doing this for quite some time, and I have yet to hear any
complaints. Actually, he has been more reliable to deal with than some of
the commercial companies I have used.

Kevin