DPRG: L293D v.s. the L293DNE?

Subject: DPRG: L293D v.s. the L293DNE?
From: Kipton Moravec kmoravec at airmail.net
Date: Mon Feb 9 13:40:43 CST 1998

Larry Kerns wrote:

> TimMicDet at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >       What is the difference, if any, between the L293D and the L293DNE?  The
> > L293DNE is the one that Newark sells and it is made by Texas Interments, the
> > common L293D is made by SGS, which I can not find anywhere.  Does anyone know
> > of a seller of the L293D, that sells it in small quantities, besides the guy
> > with the AOL web page?  I can't send a check to some one I don't know (Sorry
> > AOL guy).  So does anyone know if the L293D is basically the same thing as the
> > L293D?
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Timothy Deterly
> > TimMicDet at aol.com
> Timothy,
> The full datasheet for the L293D is located at:
>
> http://www-s.ti.com/cgi-bin/sc/device1.cgi?device=L293D&family=PERIPHERAL+DRIVERS+AND+ACTUATORS&des=HALF-H+DRIVER&type=0
>
> (Long, isn't it?).  You can go to www.ti.com, pick semiconductors and in
> the lower right hand corner of the screen, choose search by part
> number.  Just enter L293D.  I didn't see any reference to the "NE"
> extension but Kip usually knows what he's talking about.  In any case,
> you can drop them an EMail at their website and they will respond.
> --
> Will I Dream, Dave?
>
> Larry Kerns
> kerns at lonestar.rcclub.org

Larry, what do you mean there was no reference? I went to the page you
referenced above, and there it was! (I felt obligated since you said I
usually know what I am talking about <grin>)

NE is the designator for a 16/20 pin plastic DIP (In case it is 16)
http://www-s.ti.com/sc/psheets/mpdi003/mpdi003.pdf

The TI data sheet is:
http://www-s.ti.com/sc/psheets/slrs008a/slrs008a.pdf

That is everything.