DPRG: wife having surgery tomorrow

Subject: DPRG: wife having surgery tomorrow
From: Jim Brown jgbrown at spd.dsccc.com
Date: Mon Feb 16 11:11:53 CST 1998

> OK, so how is Teresa now?  Home?  Recovering nicely?  What are
> your robots doing for her to make her recovery better?
>
> Nosey minds want to know.

Friday we went in, and they said there was a stone in her bile tube,
so they spent the day Friday trying to get that out.  They used one
of those cameras on a tube and wound it down her throat and into
her intestine and up her bile duct to remove the stone.

For the anatomy deficient (and because I have fun doing ascii art):

	   _______________
	  |   liver    __/
	  |         __/
	  |    ____/
	  |___/ \ \
	     __//\ \  /  /
	    (__/  \o\/  /
	   gall    \   / sm intestine
	  bladder  /  /

Then Saturday, they went in and took out her gall bladder.

	   _______________
	  |   liver    __/
	  |         __/
	  |    ____/
	  |___/ \ \
	       //\ \  /  /
	          \ \/  /
	   no gall \   / sm intestine
	  bladder  /  /

Teresa's doing fine.  They did "laproscopy" to remove the gall bladder
which means they only had 3 of the half inch incisions instead of
the way they used to cut a huge gash to get it out.  Saturday she
was already walking around, and Sunday she was back to eating solid foods.

As for my robots, they're all sleeping until I things settle down
a bit.  ...it looks like no robot gratification for me for a while.

Except for the fact that I'm _OH_SO_READY_ for my mother-n-law to _GO_
_HOME_ (ifen ya know watta mean), all is well.  (and it's a whole nother
story!!!!!!!!)

    \/\_\@ ____   /  /\ __  ___          ___ http://www.dprg.org (Feb 21)
    / //\ / / /\ /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\ jbrown at cyberramp.net
\__\/ \/ \/\/\/ \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com