DPRG: Servo Motor controller.

Subject: DPRG: Servo Motor controller.
From: Larry Kerns kerns at lonestar.rcclub.org
Date: Tue Feb 24 09:52:35 CST 1998

TSgt Dulle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to drive 3-4 stepper motors using a 68hc11.  Not too long ago I ran
> across a stepper driver chip that only needed 3 lines to control the speed
> of a stepper, and 1 line to control the direction.
>
> I've lost those brain cells over the past few weeks, and have no idea who
> made the chip, and hope some of you might have some knowledge of this and
> might be able to help.
>
> Thanks!
SGS-Thompson makes a chip set (2 chips) that work together for this
application.  They are the L297 and the L298.  The L297 is the stepper
motor controller chip that supposedly only needs direction, mode and
clock (3 lines input) to control a stepper.  The L298 is a full H-Bridge
for driving the windings at up to 2 amps per winding.  Their data sheet
page is at:

	http://www.st.com/stonline/books/index.htm

Hope this helps out.  By the way, they can be purchased from Mouser
Electronics for about $5.00 each.
- --
Will I Dream?

Larry W. Kerns