DPRG: Modify the New Micros Monitor PROM 32K x 8

Subject: DPRG: Modify the New Micros Monitor PROM 32K x 8
From: Kipton Moravec kmoravec at usa.net
Date: Thu Feb 26 19:38:06 CST 1998

A few of you know that I am a bit upset that New Micro's Monitor chip
does not support interrupts.  All that has to be done is to modify 8 (or
so) memory locations so the interrupt vector jumps to its address +
8000h (where user programmable memory starts).  Unfortunately, I do not
have the tools for this.  We need to read the 32K x 8 EPROM modify the
locations, and burn another PROM identical except for those
modifications.  Anyone have the equipment to do this?

Does anyone have the specifications for Intel Hex that is used in eprom
programmers.  I think I can figure it out by looking at it, but it would
be nice to see the spec.  My other option for the New Micros monitor is
to roll my own, but I would only make it 8K or less, instead of 32K. I
only use it for downloading and executing my program.

Regards,
Kip