DPRG: Modify the New Micros Monitor PROM 32K x 8

Subject: DPRG: Modify the New Micros Monitor PROM 32K x 8
From: Clay Timmons ctimmons at asic.sc.ti.com
Date: Fri Feb 27 10:40:40 CST 1998

Kip,

I have the equipment to do this.  The procedure is simple, read
the EPROM data, modify the few bytes in the data editor, then
erase and program the updated data.  The data editor is like
a big hex memory dump that you can move around in and change
values.  This is much easier than trying to mess with the
Intel Hex directly since you have to re-compute checksums if
you tinker with Intel Hex.

Here is the info I have for Intel Hex, from Dave Dunfield.

Data Record: ':nnaaaattdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd...cc'
      Where:  : = Indicates start of data record
              n = Count of number of bytes in record.   (in ASCII/HEX)
              a = Load address of data record.          (in ASCII/HEX)
              t = Record type                (00=Data, 01=End of file)
              d = Actual data bytes in record           (in ASCII/HEX)
              c = Checksum of count, address, and data. (in ASCII/HEX)

            Note1: Checksum is computed as two's complement of eight
                   bit sum of all values fron 'nn' to end of data.

            Note2: End of file record contains count of 00.

E-mail me if you want to stop by and re-program the EPROM.

- -Clay Timmons-  ctimmons at asic.sc.ti.com