DPRG: All robot builders know this....

Subject: DPRG: All robot builders know this....
From: Bill Coron bcoron at nac.net
Date: Fri Jan 2 05:41:26 CST 1998

David Beckham wrote:

> I, for one, am not much concerned with pushing the envelope of computing
> technology--I don't have the background, resources, or interest for
> that--I'm interested in creating little machines that can find their own
> way around in a seemingly autonomous fashion.  The relatively simple
> hardware and software involved are challenging enough, and the rewards
> from success are plenty gratifying.  Finding DPRG on the 'net was a very
> happy occurrance for me, because it seemed that like-minded 'bot
> enthusiasts with varying levels of skill and experience were pursuing
> similar objectives, and were willing to share tips, experiences, and
> even brainstorm ideas that came up.  This was exciting stuff, and I
> seldom deleted a post without reading it (even the ones devoted to
> organizational issues :-).
>

> posters provide.  Meanwhile, I'm stuck with reading the first few lines
> hoping to find a useful bit of information, feeling cheated when I don't
> find any, and doing the "Delete Dance" on the keyboard.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  I'd rather get 12 usefull message
>from
the dprg in a day than have to spend the time weeding them out of 25-30.
There was a period of a couple of weeks in the past few months that the
amount of incoming mail was so overwhelming that I would find myself just
deleting blocks of dprg mail so I didn't have to deal with it.  I almost got
the point of dropping the list for a while.  Fortunately it didn't come to
that.
This is coming from someone who doesn't often post or reply.  I'm more of
listener, absorbing all the great stuff you guys have to offer.