DPRG: Dallas Personal Robotics Group Meeting

Subject: DPRG: Dallas Personal Robotics Group Meeting
From: Jim Brown jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
Date: Tue Jan 6 15:06:26 CST 1998

Joe Daniel:

Suy Dinh told me that you are interested in robotics and
that you might be interested in more information about
the Dallas Personal Robotics Group.  You might want to
go to our next meeting, you'll probably enjoy it if you're
into robotics.

Our next meeting is Saturday January 17th in the Infomart
at 12pm to 2pm in room 1061.

We have a web page you can check out at:  http://www.dprg.org

Also, you may want to join our email chat list and chat
with the guys about robotics.  You can find out how to
subscribe at:  http://www.dprg.org/listserv.html

We will be having a robotics contest in February.  Our
last serious one was in May 97.  You can read about it and
see pictures online at: http://www.dprg.org/nl_june97.html
We are hoping to have a few robots in the contest in
February.

I'm hoping to have my robot ready by the February meeting.
It's an 8051 based robot.  I hope to have a sonar on a servo,
an lcd and dc motor control by the February meeting.
I think I already have a cheezy motor control going, now
I just need to get the sonar going and it should be able to
run on its own.

Hope to see you at our next meeting.  There always seems
to be a robot or two show up for show and tell.  It's usually
a lot of fun seeing what others have made.

You'll find me in PB3-2328 or you can email me if you
have any questions.

http://www.dprg.org  http://users.why.net/jbrown
(972)519-2868, (972)495-3821 (Jan 17)
jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com, jbrown at why.net