DPRG: Beauty

Subject: DPRG: Beauty
From: Ron Blue rcb5 at msn.com
Date: Wed Jan 7 19:39:34 CST 1998

Beauty is actually a special harmonic with a slight variation of an average
calculated by ones experiences and is intimately related to truth or factual
equivalent.

Kevin Ross:
"Which is exactly why I chose the word Beautiful in the first place.
'factual
equivalent' means has the same factual value."

The following is related to the topic.  Ron Blue
>From COP theory at http://www.enticypress.com

Reference: Langlois, Judith H. & Roggmann, Lori A. (1990, April 20).
Ordinary is
Beautiful. Science p 306(1).

"It has been reported in the literature that an attractive face is
really a face that is mathematically determined by a computer to be
average (Langlois & Roggmann, 1990).  This means that for all face
stimuli that we are exposed to we constantly compare the new face to a
mathematic model of that average.  If the new face is highly
correlated to our mental model or mental copy we respond to it in a
positive way and state that the face is pleasing.  COP theory would
say that all schemas, ideas, models, beliefs or theories are
mathematically determined to be average and expressed as a gaussian
memory wavelet by our experiences.  Just as a model airplane is made
of parts our mental models or schemata are made up of mental parts.
These parts are correlated to our mental models, mental copies, or
representations and can be used to make other models.  Models can be
grouped together to make more complex models or theories.  All models
and parts are independent and connected at the same time.  Remember it
is possible to write complex computer programs with only 255 numbers
in a chip.  The numbers are the parts that can be assembled into
models of reality.  People with learning difficulties may be missing
key parts or processes for building the models necessary for the
learning process.  Not all parts are necessary to recognize a model
plane as a plane, but there are critical parts that are necessary.
Habituation of a stimulus complex followed by the presentation of a
new stimulus (key part) may help to establish the elements required
for learning.  The brain is structured to compare new stimuli with old
schemas.  If the stimuli is discrepant we focus our attention and
create a new schema."