DPRG: Deep Thoughts and rambling

Subject: DPRG: Deep Thoughts and rambling
From: S Sunder sunder at rocketmail.com
Date: Fri Jan 9 04:41:12 CST 1998

- ---Jim Brown <jgbrown at spd.dsccc.com> wrote:

> I've been thinking about an approach:
>
> Case 1:
>
> A baby knows nothing, it just lays there and looks around.

Why do you says knows nothing?

  (experimentation)
> Then, they realize that they're hungry and scream out in pain.  (natural
reflex, output)

Hunder is inside sense and screem is not the foist idea to
get milk. Screem is there as an intutive action in the baby
perhaps for muscle excercise. It gets coupled to the
demands when it learns that the mother offers milk only with
this signal. Success is a pleasure and the failure a pain.

> Mommy comes around and gives them a bottle. (extenal input)

Right.

> They start sucking the bottle. (natural reflex)

That is not so simple. A drop of milk in the mouth triggers
many harmone related process ans the baby learns to
accelerate the process.

> They feel better so they quit crying. (pain gone, reflex not necessary)

Yes. The pain of hunger may go this way. Whem other pain
comes then the baby is forced into that state and the baby
is actually not looking for the mother but to getrid of it
with inferior knowledge.

You cry in a hopeless state and that is intutive.

There is a sequence in which the learning abilities develop.
Like you have first standard and then second standard
education. You don't just all up unless you are alien or
something like that.

Shyam India

> After many times, the baby grows accustom to the familiar pattern  (pattern
recognition)

> Case 2:
>
> During idle time the baby tries to figure out how to move it's muscles.
(experimentation)