DPRG: Sascha_Silbe@pb.donut.de (Sascha_Silbe@pb.donut.de)]

Subject: DPRG: Sascha_Silbe@pb.donut.de (Sascha_Silbe@pb.donut.de)]
From: Kipton Moravec kmoravec at airmail.net
Date: Fri Jan 9 10:15:35 CST 1998

Jim Brown wrote:

> >Subject: BOUNCE dprglist at dprg.org:    Non-member submission from
> [Sascha_Silbe at pb.donut.de (Sascha_Silbe at pb.donut.de)]
> >
> >>From dprglist-owner at horta.ncc.com  Tue Jan  6 22:29:12 1998
> >

> >Hi Kmoravec!
> >
> >Tuesday December 30 1997 12:35, Kmoravec % Airmail.Net wrote to All:
> >
> > KAN> I purchased one of the Vector Electronic Compasses, built by Precision
> > KAN> Navigation and sold by Jameco.  It has two 3/4" coils wrapped with
> > KAN> very fine wire.  My guess is that it is required to be sensitive
> > KAN> enough to detect the earth's magnetic field.
> >
> >Thanks for your answer!
> >Could you please describe the coils a bit more?

Gee, I thought I did a a good job, especially since I have absolutely no
plans of disassembling the board!!!

The coil is 1.4 mm long and 0.4 mm in diameter.  I do not work with fine
wire so I can not judge the guage.  It is much finer than wire wrap wire
which is 30 guage. The ends are capped so I can not tell if it is a
solid or hollow core.  There are two of them and they are mounted at
right angles to each other.

Regards,
Kip
kmoravec at airmail.net