DPRG: balloon wheels?

Subject: DPRG: balloon wheels?
From: Jim Brown jgbrown at spd.dsccc.com
Date: Tue Jan 13 14:16:22 CST 1998

> Hi all.
>
> I noticed that several robots featured on the dprg web pages use some
> sort of balloon (pneumatic instead of solid rubber) wheels.  These
> look similar to what is used for RC airplanes.  Are they just big RC
> airplane wheels, or something different?  I'm currently using lawnmower
> wheels for my robot, and I'd like something a little more rounded and
> shock-absorbing.  By the way, I need them to be about 5" in diameter.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>    Daniel Herrington
>    daniel at adc.nsc.com

Yep, just rc airplane wheels, you should be able to find them at
a descent hobby shop.  Hold on to your wallet, the lawnmower wheels
will be much cheaper, but the rc wheels are much nicer!  I think I've
seem them at 5" or bigger.  You might try looking at Tower Hobbies at:
http://www.towerhobbies.com (or something like that).

    \/\_\@ ____   /  /\ __  ___          ___  http://www.dprg.org (Jan 17)
    / //\ / / /\ /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\ http://users.why.net/jbrown
\__\/ \/ \/\/\/ \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com