DPRG: DPRGlist and the CORE processing Blues

Subject: DPRG: DPRGlist and the CORE processing Blues
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Tue Jan 13 15:32:37 CST 1998

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997 16:19:51 -0600 Ron Blue wrote:

>From: "Ron Blue" <rcb5 at msn.com>

AAAAAAhhhh.... How long has Ron Blue been on the DPRG list?
Next I suppose I'll run across a message from Joe Michael
and his shape-shifting fractal mechs.  Maybe the two of them
need to get together.  Image an army of CORE-based,
shape-shifter fractal mechs with the power quantum entangled
hierarchical gaussian mixtures... The mind boggles!    :-)

I've been reading the same stuff from him for ages. He's been
trying to sell his secret, quantum-physics-based, self-cooling,
processorless processor for a long time as everything from a
robot controller to a reality-altering replacement for God.

As far as I know, no one has ever seen a CORE processor, any
working deviced based on a CORE processor, or even claimed to
have a clue what he's talking about.

Jim, unless you (or someone else) object, I think we'd greatly
reduce our bandwidth and s/n ratio if I unsubscribed Ron.  Most
of his posts are meaningless babble and, though they seem well
intentioned, they tend to generate flame wars.  He posts the
same material prodigiously on quite a few usenet newsgroups as
well as his own web site, so I don't think we'd be depriving
him of his right to free speech. Even if he really has come up
with something truly brilliant and is simply incapable of
describing it to anyone else in a coherent fashion, it doesn't
really have anything to do with the sort of autonomous robotics
the DPRG does.

- -Steve