DPRG: Re: Pain (from the CORE)

Subject: DPRG: Re: Pain (from the CORE)
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Tue Jan 13 16:08:47 CST 1998

Sorry - some of this was too much, I couldn't resist a comment or
two...

>From: "Ron Blue" <rcb5 at msn.com>
>"One man's magic is another's technology."  (Robert Heinlein)

I believe Ron means Arthur C. Clarke.  His reference is to one
of 'Clark laws' - "Any sufficiently advanced science is
indistinguishable from magic".  Roger Arrick's law ("talk" is
inversely proportional to "do") is more apt when describing
Mr. Blue.  Robert Heinlein is better known for the acronym used
as an expletive: TANSTAFL! ("there ain't no such thing as a
free lunch") which might also apply to Mr. Blue's CORE CPU.

>NTC is willing to allow you to know and use the technology as
>a non-profit organization.

Sounded to me more like he wanted to exchange more of his vague
descriptions of how a CORE processor worked for a large sum of
money and then leave it up to us to figure out how to build it...

>The stimulus is translated into information overwritten on to
>the reference wavelet.  Molecules would have a unique vibratory
>characteristic that would stimulate olfactory nerves at ratio
>blending and timing cycles.  Using entrainment the code for what
>a stimulus means could be extracted from the reference frequency.
>Olfactory (inhibitory) after images should be observable."

Translation - his CORE processor can see smells?  :-)

Okay, no more about CORE processors, I promise!

- -Steve