DPRG: Re: Ron Blue

Subject: DPRG: Re: Ron Blue
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Tue Jan 13 16:23:46 CST 1998

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 08:29:13 -0600 you wrote:

>> Can't we kick this guy off the list?  The majority of the mail I recieve
>> from DPRG is now junk.  I think it is safe to say that most of us would
>> rather not hear from him, ever.
>
>I'll bring it up at our next meeting this Saturday.
>
>We could always limit the list to members-only, but I'd hate to do that,
>and I believe that would go against the 501c public stuff.

Oops.  I've already removed him from the list.  Didn't mean to act
without the full authority of the DPRG council of elders. :-)  I can
put him back on the list if anyone wants.  Otherwise, we can leave him
off and I'll take the blame. But if I'm killed by one those CORE
processor piloted secret russian fighter pulling 15gs, then you'll
just have to find somebody else to take the blame for it.

Not for profit status just requires that we offer membership to everyone.
Doesn't mean we can't have reasonable requirements for becoming a member
(such as dues) or limit a particular meeting forum to members only.
Unless Ron comes up with his dues and requests membership, I think
there's no problem.

>Since Ron started up with his nonsense, we've had gobs of people
>unsubscribe from the list.  I think that should be reason enough
>to get rid of him, but I think it should be a vote of agreement
>from the membership so that it's not just me that removes him.

Hmmm... maybe that's why Majordomo has been working better the last couple
of days - maybe the subscriber base has gotten so much smaller that it's
not putting as much of a load on system?

- -Steve