DPRG: Deep Thoughts and rambling

Subject: DPRG: Deep Thoughts and rambling
From: Alan Bredon alanb at cryogen.com
Date: Tue Jan 13 17:09:26 CST 1998

Ron Bluewrote (via Jim Brown) :

> > Cost.  The programming cost could be millions.  The constant
> > change in line code could keep people busy for a long time.
> > The hardware cost would be more expensive compared to
> > a CORE processor after the 34 years of patents.  The CORE
> > processor is ridiculous cheap to make compared to a
> > CPU.

Jim Brown wrote:

[..snip..]

> need for design engineers, you don't have to layout a PCB,
> you don't have to write any documentation or sales literature,
> you don't have any glue logic, you don't even have to pay
> people royalties for their 34 years worth of patents!
> Anything that would cost you money (except for the
> non-disclosure agreements, of course), won't cost you
> money anymore.  Heck, it doesn't even probably use any

[..snip..]

The coolest thing is that patents expire after 17 years!

- --
     _  _
    / || \    Regards, Alan Bredon
   /  ||  \   My views & opinions do not represent my company.
  /. .||. .\  My email address is MINE.  Spammers should pay me!
 /-|-||||-|-\ Legit replies delete the -NOSPAM.
  _|_|__|_|_  http://www.imagin.net/~abredon