DPRG: balloon wheels?

Subject: DPRG: balloon wheels?
From: Jay Vlack Jay.Vlack at digital.com
Date: Tue Jan 13 15:26:11 CST 1998

Daniel,

Yes some of us are using the pneumatic R/C airplane tires on our robots.
The ones I am using are 5 to 6 inches in diameter, so they'd probably
work
for your robot too.  Mine are made by Du-Bro and even have a small valve
that lets you pump them up with more air.  You'll have to make some
modifications to the plastic wheel hub if you want the wheels to be
driven.

Jay Vlack
Technical Account Manager, Gold UNIX Support Team
Digital Equipment Corporation
(719) 592-5110         jay.vlack at digital.com