DPRG: List maintenance issues

Subject: DPRG: List maintenance issues
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Wed Jan 14 10:20:34 CST 1998

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:24:49 -0600 you wrote:

>Maybe this is important about Majordomo and maybe not.  I've been
>getting double messages a LOT lately but not from everyone and not all
>the time.  Since yesterday I've received double messages from just about
>all original postings but not on replies.  Strange stuff.

I can't offer much explanation for that one. A quick check of our
outbound mail log shows sendmail has sent only one copy of each
message to your address.  BUT, even if your ISP's mail handling
program is creating the dupes, it's still probably the fault of
Majordomo.  A while back we had a problem that affected only
users at why.net. This could be something similar.

Jim and I are working on a replacement for Majordomo now.  Jim has
done a lot of work coding it but I haven't had the time to get it
installed and debugged yet...  I'm making that my DPRG New Years
resolution.  I've got a list of improvements I'm hoping to make
including:

	Fix or replace Majordomo
	Automate list management
	Archive old list digest issues
	Make digest archive available on the DPRG web site

I hope to get Majordomo replaced this month.  The rest will happen
as I get time during the year.

- -Steve