DPRG: A new era

Subject: DPRG: A new era
From: Jim Brown jgbrown at spd.dsccc.com
Date: Mon Jan 19 14:36:22 CST 1998

> >> I'll try to be a good parts librarian this year.  If there is
> >> anything you think I should do, please let me know.
> >
> >He He, that's what you get for not being there!  ;-)
>
> And WHAT, exactly does that mean?

Exactly?  [head scratching sounds]  Uh, um, I'm not good at exactly.
You'll notice that my train of thought is usually broken and you'll
have to stay ahead of me to understand me, not to mention have esp
powers and maybe even two or three spare brains, possibly due to
my wife's unusually loud brain frequency RMI.  It was just a
sad wannabe joke that if you're not there, then you get voted in.
However, I'm taking classes on joke telling and um, er, uh, ...timing,
and also classes on brain frequency RMI cancellation.
They tell me I have real promise.  I promise!  ;-)

> >By the way, let me mention that the February Contest has been
> >bumped to March.  We voted at the meeting to have two contests
> >a year and they will be at the March and September meetings.
>
> Great, another month of troubleshooting.

Yep, that means that now I have about 60 days to put off working
on my robot instead of the 30 or so days I used to have.  I'll
have my robot going about 10 minutes before the contest if things
go as planned.  ;-)

> >Oh, bummer, the next contest limits are 11.9" x 11.9" x 11.9"
> >(just kidding of course).
>
> Ouch.  Not funny.

Yeah, actually, the contest limits just happen to be the size of
the largest robot in the contest committee.  ;-)
(another blatently obvious attempt at a joke)

> >Sounds like a really, really, really, (...) nice robot!!
> >Will it beat Yatu III in the contest???
>
> It's probably not as fast as Yaho, but has a lot more class.

[Crickets chirp, somewhere in the distance a dog barks]

> >Will your gripper be able to pick up cans for the contest?
>
> Yepper.

[Tim Allen noises heard]

> >2 degree compass, is that one of those vector compasses or
> >something homegrown?  How do you interface it?
>
> Vector 2x.  Serial clock, data deal.

[More Tim Allen noises heard]

<snip>
> >Wow, can it make pizza?  It's not as greasy as it cooks.
>
> Only thin crust.  Working on thick algorthms.  Grease
> detection and removal software already complete.

Cool, then we'll have the next RBNO pizza bash at your place?
(Maybe I should find a better joke telling school?)

    \/\_\@ ____   /  /\ __  ___          ___  http://www.dprg.org (Feb 21)
    / //\ / / /\ /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\ http://users.why.net/jbrown
\__\/ \/ \/\/\/ \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
jimbrown at airmail.net     http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/6818