DPRG: Erase Bump Code

Subject: DPRG: Erase Bump Code
From: Clay Timmons ctimmons at asic.sc.ti.com
Date: Wed Jan 21 12:41:37 CST 1998

> I have bump code written into a MCHC11E2. I put it there with PCBUG. I have
> revised the code and now need to erase the original code. I am having a
> devil of a time. I think I need to write to some registers in order to get
> at the EEPROM. Can someone set me straight.
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Barry
> Motto: It's harder than it looks!

Barry,

If my memory serves me PCBUG has the BULK or BULKALL command
to erase the entire EEPROM array.

If you use an intelligent bootloader then the BULK erase is
not needed.  The bootloader I use does this. Check out DL.EXE
available from MIT HandyBoard web page.  It checks each
byte as it is about to program it.  If it is already correct
it does nothing. If it is incorrect then it does a byte erase
and re-programs it.

- -Clay Timmons  ctimmons at asic.sc.ti.com