DPRG: BOUNCED?

Subject: DPRG: BOUNCED?
From: Jim Brown jimbrown at airmail.net
Date: Fri Jan 23 12:15:41 CST 1998

At 10:51 AM 1/23/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Why did I get a "Non-member submission" on this.  What, I make a bad
>joke and I get kicked out of the group?
>
>CM/RK
>
>Chris McCarley:                                    / aka RedKnight
>ecm004 at email.mot.com                     / cmc162 at airmail.net
>Motorola Computer Integrated Mfg      / Neural Networks: not just a good
>idea
>817-245-2992                                     /  but also a good
>place to put them.

I can't say my jokes are any better, yet I'm still around.  :-)

Probably the email address you subscribed was not the same
as the email address you submitted as.  Only the email addresses
that are subscribed can post.  However, whenever I get a bounce
message, I usually add that email address to the list of those
who can post, so any other messages you send (like the one you just
sent) will then go through.

We have 3 email lists something like:
	dprglist subscribers
	dprglist-digest subscribers
	additional-authorized-posters to the dprglist

So, if you subscribed as ecm004 at email.mot.com and then posted with
Chris_McCarley-ECM004 at email.mot.com, the second address would bounce
until I could get around to adding that email address to the
authorized posters list.  Sometimes big companies like Motorola will
change their email addresses now and again like that.

This feature was put in place to stop spammers (or at least slow them
way down) from spamming the entire DPRG list in one fell swoop.

You should now be able to post with either email address, yet only
receive email on the first email address.

If you or anyone else would like for me to add another authorized
poster of another email address that you have to the dprglist please
let me know and I'll gladly add it, (as long as it's not something
like rb5 at msn.com :)

    \/\_\@  ____    /  /\ __  ___          ___    http://www.dprg.org 1-17
    / / /\ / / /\  /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\  http://users.why.net/jbrown
\__\/  \/ \/\/\/  \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/ jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com