DPRG: Library display case

Subject: DPRG: Library display case
From: Jim Brown jgbrown at spd.dsccc.com
Date: Mon Jan 26 15:53:12 CST 1998

> Jim Brown wrote:>
> > Bradley:
> >
> > Do you think you could bring some samples to the RBNO on Tuesday?
> >
> > - - ____ - - - - - ___ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>   I am on set shooting a TV spot tomorrow and doubt I will be able to
> make it. These things tend to take all day.
>   I'm sure I can show you something soon though. I think we could come
> up with a nice presentation.
>   Do we need a DPRG sign to put in/on the display case? If you have the
> artwork for the logo you could e-mail it to me. EPS or other vector
> files would work best.
>   I have some brushed aluminum stock which might look good as ID cards
> with the machines.
>
>                                    It's easier than it sounds,
>
>                                            Bradley

Man, that would be cool.

How did you want to do it?  Did you want to have a brushed aluminum
metal stand something like L shaped with just their robot's name on
it.  And then something like card stock with clear plastic lamination
describing the robot and it's builder?  Do you have the sheet metal
equipment to made little L shaped stands?  How would you get the
text onto the Aluminum?  I saw some Tec sheets that are basically
paper decals that we could print on (for doing PCBs).  We could use
that to slide a decal onto the aluminum to get text on it.  Unless
you had some other way of getting text onto the aluminum.

As far as a DPRG sign, I was thinking about carving something out of
2x6 wood and staining and varnishing it.  It would look like our
logo on the web page ( http://www.dprg.org ).  It would then probably
either stand on the top shelf or the bottom shelf.  If you want, you can
take that logo, or I can made a bigger one.  however, it's not
vector graphics, it's an image eps which I don't think is the same as
what you were thinking.

My dad has the corel draw 8.  I'll see if I can generate it for you
if you need it.

About the display case, I was thinking it would be cool to have some
sort of moving things in there (not the robots, though).  Something
like a solar cell with a motor sitting upright with a slow spinning
sign on top.  Another thing I was thinking of was having a few blinking
leds (something like a 3909 chip & a AA battery).  Just have serveral
of them set up throughout the display case just to draw attention.
The 3909 the LED & the battery would probably last for a year I'd guess,
should at least last the month in the display case.

    \/\_\@ ____   /  /\ __  ___          ___ http://www.dprg.org (Feb 21)
    / //\ / / /\ /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\ jbrown at cyberramp.net
\__\/ \/ \/\/\/ \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
http://www.cyberramp.net/~jbrown www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/6818