DPRG: Re: Robot Mag coming soon

Subject: DPRG: Re: Robot Mag coming soon
From: Jim Brown jgbrown at spd.dsccc.com
Date: Tue Jan 27 17:00:03 CST 1998

> Hi Jim. Yeah, we talked before.  I'll definitely send you a few for passing
> around at your meeting.  But that would miss your "non-attending" members.
>
> I instituted the "send check by mail" policy for the time being because it
> took quite a long time to select a VISA/MC provider that can process
> securely and quickly and easily.  I'm trying to avoid mailing out bills
> because of the added expense and delay involved.  I hope the RISK FREE
> policy will compensate for this in subscriber's minds.
>
> The first issue looks great.  Very high quality printing, good art and
> readable (edited) copy for newbies and veterans.  We won't mail it until
> our direct mail campaign is complete in a few weeks.  (We had a set-back
> with a low-bidder printer and the post office: Since then we've switched
> printers and made friends with the PO).  Very slow process.

<snip>
> I hated to delay the premier issue, but I figure it's better to adjust your
> saddle BEFORE a race than during it.  My production manager really HATES
> the delay.
>
> PS:  If you know anyone wants to advertise: All the premium ads are sold,
> but some black and white space remains, maybe even some red/black/white
> space, as well.
>
> How goes your fire-fighting regional?
>
> Mike___________________

That's great I hope you do well on your new endevor.  I'm sure there will
be many on our dprglist email list that will be interested in a new
robotics magazine.  I look forward to seeing the premier issue!

Actually we are not doing the fire-fighting regional this year.  We are
not quite ready for it, but we haven't totally eliminated the idea of
ever hosting one yet.  Maybe someday down the road we may do that.

We will however be having a local homegrown navigation contest at our
March meeting.  We should have info of the aftermath on our March or
April newsletter.

To see the cover of the new robot magazine see:
http://www.robotmag.com

    \/\_\@ ____   /  /\ __  ___          ___ http://www.dprg.org (Feb 21)
    / //\ / / /\ /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\ jbrown at cyberramp.net
\__\/ \/ \/\/\/ \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com