DPRG: library display case books

Subject: DPRG: library display case books
From: Jim Brown jgbrown at spd.dsccc.com
Date: Thu Jan 29 16:45:52 CST 1998

> Just a suggestion ( I know that it would be easy to get out of hand with
> suggestions). A few years ago when I first discovered Tanners, they had a
> display with an MCU board with a couple of different displays showing
> various phrases I.e. an LED display with some text scrolling, a gas
> discharge display with text scrolling, an LCD... you get the picture (what
> was neat to me was that each display was scrolling a different phrase)..
> could have info about the DPRG like web page.. next meeting date.. that sort
> of thing. In Tanners it was a real eye catcher.
>     James

Yep, the only problem is that we don't have power.  We could run
off batteries, but It'd have to be a really big battery to
last an entire month.  Except for something like a 3909 blinker
circuit that'll last a year on a AA, will a hc11 or an 8051 and
an LCD last for a month on one gel cell?  If it will, I'm all for
it!

    \/\_\@ ____   /  /\ __  ___          ___ http://www.dprg.org (Feb 21)
    / //\ / / /\ /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\ jbrown at cyberramp.net
\__\/ \/ \/\/\/ \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com