DPRG: library display case books

Subject: DPRG: library display case books
From: Eric Yundt eric at sssi.com
Date: Thu Jan 29 17:23:04 CST 1998

Jim Brown wrote:

[ ... ]

> Yep, the only problem is that we don't have power.  We could run
> off batteries, but It'd have to be a really big battery to
> last an entire month.  Except for something like a 3909 blinker
> circuit that'll last a year on a AA, will a hc11 or an 8051 and
> an LCD last for a month on one gel cell?  If it will, I'm all for
> it!

I'd bet it would... especially if using a slow crystal and spending
time in sleep mode.

Will they let us into the case to swap batteries?

Or perhaps we could use a "solar" trickle charger on the battery?

- --
Eric

   \  ._____(    FacetCorp       Eric Yundt               eric at facetcorp.com
    | |     `                    Technical Support     support at facetcorp.com
 _--~~~---.    "Putting the      FacetTerm/Win Evals       www.facetcorp.com
( ,----._./     Power of UNIX
 `-_| |_,       behind Win95's    FacetCorp - Makers of FacetTerm & FacetWin
    | |         Pretty Face!"     4031 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX   75093   USA
   /___\                          Phone: 972-985-9901      Fax: 972-612-2035