DPRG: GARP in 1998

Subject: DPRG: GARP in 1998
From: Jim Brown jgbrown at spd.dsccc.com
Date: Fri Jan 30 13:18:16 CST 1998

> How'se GARP coming along?
>
>  /----------------------------------------------------------------------+
> (  email: cnettles at ti.com               \  CARMA / ASENT User Support    \
>  \  Tel: 972-344-2275 Fax: 972-344-2288  \  Web: www.raytheon.com/carma   )
>   +----------------------------------------------------------------------/

Nothing new for a little while now.  We need a motor controller to get it
working.  I believe we have a 386 with 2meg of memory that we could get
at least dos up and running - a nicer cpu and more memory would be better.
We have a 40meg hard drive - a nicer bigger hard drive would be better.
It would also be nice if it had it's own floppy drive.  We have a power
converter to convert the power from the boat battery that needs to be
assembled.  As soon as we get a motor controller, I believe that we will
have just enough to begin trying to make garp come alive.

Garp still also needs a serial port card.  The more serial ports the better,
but anything will do at this point.

Any donations in computer parts or monetary are welcome for GARP.

    \/\_\@ ____   /  /\ __  ___          ___ http://www.dprg.org (Feb 21)
    / //\ / / /\ /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\ jbrown at cyberramp.net
\__\/ \/ \/\/\/ \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/jgbrown at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
http://www.cyberramp.net/~jbrown www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/6818