DPRG: op amp question

Subject: DPRG: op amp question
From: MIKE MCCARTY -- 93789 JMCCARTY at DEVEL.USA.ALCATEL.COM
Date: Wed Aug 4 10:27:32 CDT 1999

)>Mike McCarty:
)>>What is your aversion to a split supply?
)>A rather small robot.  :)
)
)Since op-amps are very low current devices, why not just use a small
)voltage inverter made from a 555 timer and a couple caps? This would be
)very small and certainly supply the needs of several op-amps without much
)size or weight.
)
)Just my $.02

I thought about suggesting that, but putting a switching supply as part
of an op-amp circuit does not appeal to me because of the noise. I've
seen it done, but I personally wouldn't do it unless basically forced
to.

Mike
- ----
I do not speak for Alcatel. <- They make me say that.