DPRG: Accessing the Parallel Port from BCB 1.0

Subject: DPRG: Accessing the Parallel Port from BCB 1.0
From: Elliot Johnson elliotj at geocities.com
Date: Sun Aug 15 21:42:46 CDT 1999

I am having trouble accessing the parallel port from borland c++ builder 1.0.   I can't find any library functions to do it.  I have tried this assembly code

asm mov dx, Port
asm mov al, Value
asm out dx,al
asm pop dx

But i always get a linker error and have to restart borland before it will be able to compile again with the assembly code commented out.  any help would be appreciated, I managed to get my hands on a very basic very small lathe and wrote some nice control software to run the two stepper motors that run it. Its all finished except for this most important part of writing to the parallel port.

later,
Elliot