DPRG: IR detection

Subject: DPRG: IR detection
From: Brad Sheneman BJS at sginet.com
Date: Sun Aug 15 22:04:47 CDT 1999

- ------=_NextPart_000_00B6_01BEE761.CEC34420

    I've ben geting alot of information from the DPRG site,the ENCODER=20
and from the list.  It has helped me out alot.  I'm trying to use IR=20
detection for my robot.  I have the two IR LED on the left and right and =

a IR dector in the middle.  I'm using an sbasic code I got from a=20
program called Ms09 to start out and changed it to run away from a=20
detection instead of toward it.  It uses the 74HCO4 chip.  When it runs=20
it gives me a good left reflection but when I start to move to the right =

side it changes to a front reflection all the way over to where the end=20
of the right reflection should be.  When I get just to the side of its=20
range it sees a right side reflection then goes to a no reflection=20
state.  I changed the IR LED port settings so the left would read right
and the right would read left.  I had the same problem just reversed. =20
Does anybody have an sbasic code that works for my setup that I could=20
work with.  Any other ideas would be great.
Thanks,
Brad
P.S.  Is ther an Sbasic archive out there for us new comers to chew on?
Thanks again.

- ------=_NextPart_000_00B6_01BEE761.CEC34420

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I've ben geting alot of =
information=20
>from the DPRG site,the ENCODER <BR>and from the list.&nbsp; It has =
helped me out=20
alot.&nbsp; I'm trying to use IR <BR>detection for my robot.&nbsp; I =
have the=20
two IR LED on the left and right and <BR>a IR dector in the =
middle.&nbsp; I'm=20
using an sbasic code I got from a <BR>program called Ms09 to start out =
and=20
changed it to run away from a <BR>detection instead of toward it.&nbsp; =
It uses=20
the 74HCO4 chip.&nbsp; When it runs <BR>it gives me a good left =
reflection but=20
when I start to move to the right <BR>side it changes to a front =
reflection all=20
the way over to where the end <BR>of the right reflection should =
be.&nbsp; When=20
I get just to the side of its <BR>range it sees a right side reflection =
then=20
goes to a no reflection <BR>state.&nbsp; I changed the IR LED port =
settings so=20
the left would read right<BR>and the right would read left.&nbsp; I had =
the same=20
problem just reversed.&nbsp; <BR>Does anybody have an sbasic code that =
works for=20
my setup that I could <BR>work with.&nbsp; Any other ideas would be=20
great.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Brad<BR>P.S.&nbsp; Is ther an Sbasic archive out =
there for=20
us new comers to chew on?<BR>Thanks =
again.<BR><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_00B6_01BEE761.CEC34420--