DPRG: Contest Issues

Subject: DPRG: Contest Issues
From: Dan Miner miner at centtech.com
Date: Mon Aug 16 09:17:23 CDT 1999

My firefighting maze uses 1/2" (actually 15/32") particle board
I think it's called (maybe called pressboard?).  It's the stuff
where the wood is ground up to little needle-like pieces and
glued back together.  (It's not chip board where the pieces are
more like coin sized.)  I think that particle board is heavier
than plywood for the same thickness.  (But I'm not sure.)

I choose this over plywood because particle board (or pressboard)
is less likely to warp.  I've had it > 6 months and it's sitll
very flat.  Also particle board's surface is VERY consistant.

However, it takes 2 people to safely move one of the full 4x8 ft
sheets.  Half of a sheet could be done by 1 person I think.
Or go thinner than 1/2".