DPRG: please dont send file attachments to the list

Subject: DPRG: please dont send file attachments to the list
From: Jim Brown brownjim at airmail.net
Date: Mon Aug 16 14:24:33 CDT 1999

>This bounce from last night was mine...
>
>Is there an upper limit on size before it bounces?
>I am long winded.  :-)
>
>If the note really got lost, I have another copy I can resend.

Yep.  There is a 40k size limit.  Basically, don't send attachments.
If you want to send an image, post it to your web page and then
email the URL to the list.  The problem with sending attachments
to the list is that there are several hundred subscribers.  If you
send a 100k attachment, the list server has to resend that file to
all of the hundreds of subscribers.  It's like passing a gall stone
and it bogs down the server for a long time.  :(  Not to mention
that many subscriber don't like getting attachments.

Anyway, I didn't see the message you're talking about.  :(

    \/\_\@  ____    /  /\ __  ___          ___    http://www.dprg.org
    / / /\ / / /\  /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\  brownjim at airmail.net
jim_brown at bigfoot.com jbrown at dprg.org http://www.cyberramp.net/~jbrown
Cole's Law:  Thinly Shreaded Cabbage