DPRG: Poke

Subject: DPRG: Poke
From: MIKE MCCARTY -- 93789 JMCCARTY at DEVEL.USA.ALCATEL.COM
Date: Tue Aug 17 15:45:07 CDT 1999

)MIKE MCCARTY -- 93789 wrote:
)
)> Why do so many robotics C programmers insist on using peek() and
)> poke()? Those look like ugly hangovers from the bad old BASIC days.
)> Neither is necessary nor desireable in a C environment.
)
)My excuse (and believe me, it is an excuse, not necessarily a good
)reason) is that I have no formal C training, but I do have tons of BASIC
)experience, so when I found a function with a familiar name that did
)something predictable, I used it!
)
):)
)
)Robert

That's what I thought it was. I wasn't sure, but it seemed reasonable.

BTW, I have no *formal* training in C either, but I've been using it for
over 10 years, so I feel reasonably comfortable in it :)

) When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.

Cute.