DPRG: OS-9 anyone?

Subject: DPRG: OS-9 anyone?
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Sun Aug 29 13:19:20 CDT 1999

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:13:15 -0500 "Reynolds, T C (Craig), SITS"
<tcreynolds at att.com> writes:
>Roboticists,
>I was wondering if anyone has experience with a real time OS named
>OS-9 from
>Microware? I remember it from my opld TRS-80 color computer days. I
>suppose
>it's been supplanted by Linux,

I dabbled alittle in OS-9 and it is a powerful little OS. You could
multitask
with only 64k of RAM. OS-9 was also used(maybe still today) to controll
the fueling of the space shuttle. That's what I call real time OS! I knew
man that had a TRS-80 color computer with only 512k of RAM and he was
running a bbs. He would have several windows open at once. One win-
dow he would monitor incoming calls to the bbs. He would be compilling
in while in still another window he would have some other process go-
ing. Some pretty tight code going there. The windows were created by
a gui for OS-9, I can't remember the name for it.

>but thought it might be useful for
>those
>using laptops
>and PC boards for their brains.
>Craig Reynolds

The OS-9 that I used and still have was used on a Motarola CPU system,
how would this be used on a Intel based system?