DPRG: Pepsi Kid-Around Labor Day Weekend

Subject: DPRG: Pepsi Kid-Around Labor Day Weekend
From: Kipton Moravec kmoravec at airmail.net
Date: Sun Aug 29 16:35:04 CDT 1999

BIG PROBLEMS!! I LOST THE SIGN UP SHEET FOR THE PEPSI KID-AROUND FROM
THE LAST MEETING!!!!

So here it is again Let me know when you can participate!  I remember
Saturday and Sunday afternoons needed people!!!

The hours of operation for the Pepsi Kid-Around is as follows.

Sat, 9/4	9:30 am - 5:30 pm

Sun, 9/5	10:00 am - 7:30 pm  - we will have a concert @ 6:30 at which
time everything else is shut down
Mon, 9/6	9:30 am - 5:30 pm

Friday, 7:00p.m. Setup.
I think if we get two or three people to help set up the area, we should
be done quickly.  We need to arrange our tent, set up the course, put up
any signs, get the tables and chairs from the central area, and install
our power strips.

Three people:
1.	Jim Brown
2.
3.

Saturday, Shift 1 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Four people:
1.	Jim Brown
2.
3.
4.

Saturday, Shift 2 1:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Four People:
1.
2.
3.
4.
 Sunday, Shift 1 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Four People:
1.	 James Vroman
2.
3.
4.

Sunday, Shift 2 1:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Four People, I would like at least two to stay for the concert and keep
an eye on the booth while the concert is going.  You can probably do
this while watching the concert.
1.				(& Stay for concert)
2.				(& Stay for concert)
3.
4.

Monday, Shift 1 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Four people:
1.
2.
3.
4.

Monday, Shift 2 1:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Four People:
1.	Jim Brown
2.
3.
4.

Monday, Breakdown 5:30 - 7:30
I would like an additional three people to help us break down. After our
area is done, then help with the rest of the site.  It goes very
quickly.
1.
2.
3.
 Robot List

I also need a list of people who will bring their robots. You may leave
the robot there for the demo runs when you are not there.

 	Robot Name		Member Name	When will the robot be there?
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12
13.
14.
15.
 Educational Demos

Also we have to get things that kids can interact and learn with.  I
will see if I can get a couple more Allegro Hall Effect demo sets where
the LEDs light up when a magnet is brought near an IC.

Maybe other sensor demos, like sonar, IR wall following, compass, etc.
where the kids can interact with the sensor.

For instance, with the IR detectors, let them move their hand closer and
farther to see how close they can get before the LED lights up or better
yet, a buzzer beeps.  You can also give them a piece of black paper, a
piece of white paper, and a piece of shiny metal to let them see how the
distance changes.

 	Member Name 			Sensor Demo
1.	Kipton Moravec		Allegro Hall Effect Sensor Demo Boards
2.
3.
4.
5.