DPRG: Need a license for GIF images on website?

Subject: DPRG: Need a license for GIF images on website?
From: Calvin Grier cgrier at ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon Aug 30 13:59:08 CDT 1999

Ronald is correct.

The only license issue is for authors of programs generating (or
manipulating?) GIF images. You don't need a license to use GIF images on a
web page.

If you were selling software that used a Unisys algorithm or created GIF
files, then they deserve a piece of the pie. This is fairly standard
copyright protection stuff.

Calvin (also not a lawyer)